Tuesday, September 06, 2005

LDR, again


blointl
Originally uploaded by ME.
Once again I find myself in a long distance relationship, if only for two weeks. My wife is setting up the new homestead in Buffalo while I'm finishing my last two weeks of work here in Jersey. I should be using this time to concentrate on the various projects that need pruning, yet I feel so unhealthy that I'm getting little to nothing done. The hectic sleep schedule and excessive consumption of Pepsi last week have me feeling more than a little run down. Extra water today might help. Probably not. Tried to grill a burger for dinner. As luck would have it, I can't can't grill in the dark. Burned the shit out of it.

At the grocery store I was in the aisle next to this high school kid wearing his Polo inside out so that the label could be read by all. This bothered me.
"Hey, dude."
"Me? What?"
"What are you driving?"
"I've got a BMW three-"
"Shut the fuck up. Nobody cares what you drive. Nor do they care who made your fucking shirt, you fucking tool"

I really should have said this, but starting a fight with a 17 year old isn't going to help me land that dream job, now is it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooks said...

mmm....spam