Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Where to begin?

This is daunting. Where should this begin? Do I start back at the beginning, in 1979? No, that might take too long. Perhaps an introduction shall do for now.
My name is Michael. I'm 25 years old. My four year degree is mere inches from my fingertips; all that remains is a simple chemistry test, which I have never studied. Slightly problematic.
Currently, I am underemployed. Along with countless other underachievers, I toil in a national chain restaurant, slinging fajitas and overpriced drinks to the ever growing number of overweight, rude suburbanites.
The only thing I've done right in my life is to marry Karen, the love of my life. She is 24 years old, just as close to her degree from UNC (go heels!), and similarly employed. We are living in Northern New Jersey until we attempt the grand move to Washington, DC, early in the new year. I love being married. I hate being poor, though I'm not really poor at all, at least not in the real scheme of things. I'm healthy, in love, and I do see some hope in this world of ours.
That's all for now.
cheers.

No comments: