Thursday, June 02, 2005

Thursday, in June. 6/2

Pretend you have a paper due at the end of the semester. It was assigned on the first day. You haven't looked at it until the last three weeks. You know you have to do it. It won't go away. Yet every day you let it go, it becomes that much harder to tackle, that much bigger in your mind.

That's exactly why I haven't posted in a while. Every day I fell more behind, and thought to myself that I had to do that much more to catch up. Well fuck it, I'm not catching up. I'm going to start again today like I didn't miss a beat.

Okay, the last two weeks weren't that interesting anyway.

Jamie comes to town tomorrow. For those that don't know, which is basically everyone, Jamie is my little sister whom I haven't seen since my wedding last July. She's only here for the weekend, and I probably won't see her again until Xmas...which isn't guaranteed either. This is a person I used to live with, every day, for 14 years. How things change.

Randomly emailed a friend from school. Turns out he got into AFI's graduate screenwriting program...very impressive. Makes me a little bitter about my job. I could do it if I wanted to, I've got the talent. What I don't have is the ability to sleep at night with an extra 60k in student loans. So school is out. But this guy will do very well...he's got the talent, and more importantly, he's fully stocked with motivation. Perhaps I should rob him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed you...